What is a Home Inspection
The home buying process can be confusing and stressful. Not only do you need to consider things such as price and location, you also have to worry about whether the house itself has any problems that could become costly surprises down the road.
The Home Inspection is an unbiased, professional assessment of the condition of the house. It provides you with an expert opinion and professional report on the condition of the physical structure and various systems within a house. Giving you peace of mind on what is likely the largest purchase you’ll ever make.
In order to prepare the report, an inspector must conduct a visual inspection of the house. The inspection process typically takes about 1 to 2 hours to complete. This of course may vary, according to the size and condition of the home.
We strongly encourage you to accompany the inspector during the inspection. This will give you a chance to ask questions and become familiar with the systems of the home.
We will inspect all the structural elements and systems of the home. Items that will typically be included in an inspection are:
- Crawl spaces
- Door & Windows
- Fascia & Trim
- Floors/Floor Coverings
- Sprinkler Systems
Other Services We Offer Include…
*Additional Fees may Apply and some types of inspections are out sourced!
- New Home Construction Site Inspections
- Condos, Villas and Town Home Inspections
- We inspect for mold (testing through a qualified outside source)
- 4-Point Insurance Inspections
- Asbestos Sampling (testing through a qualified outside source)
- Well Testing (testing through a qualified oustide source)
- Septic Tank Inspections (inspected by a qualified outside source)
- Pest Inspections
- Radon Testing (testing performed by a qualified outside source)
- Commercial Inspections
- Lead Testing (tested by a qualified outside source)
- Chinese Drywall Inspections
- Wind Mitigations
- Thermal Imaging
When the inspection is complete, we will tell you of any problems that were discovered and discuss them with you. We will also tell you about any routine maintenance that should be performed, as well as answer any questions you may have. You’ll also receive a computer generated report with photos of the inspection.
Our goal is to discover and inform you of anything we find that might affect your purchase decision. We will tell you about any problems we find, and make repair recommendations. We will also inform you of what maintenance tasks are required to keep the home and its systems in top condition.